Electronic report processing. It should be easier. It should be less expensive. With PaperVision Enterprise Report Management, it is.
PaperVision Enterprise Report Management (Report Management) is an optional, separately licensed module to PaperVision Enterprise and ImageSilo®, featuring a text print stream processing engine that organizes, indexes and displays electronic reports. Many organizations depend on large mainframe AS/400 systems and other high volume computing solutions to crunch through mountains of printed data supporting mission critical applications such as invoicing, human resources, or inventory management. This data commonly originates as ASCII or EBCDIC textual print streams formatted for high speed line printers. Report Management provides the most efficient method to capture, process, store and distribute these reports as an integral part of your document and content management system, giving you the ability to access, print, fax and distribute the data anytime, anywhere.
Automated processing and indexing save time and money. the user simply identifies the network location that receives the incoming print streams. Once defined, the system automatically detects and processes new reports on a user-defined schedule. During processing, Report Management extracts the indexing information from the data as it is processed into a readable electronic report. Searchable index information is extracted automatically based on user-defined regions. These regions need only be setup once, and the intelligent system recognizes them for all data processed through that input path. Since data is already in a full-text format. PaperVision Enterprise's full-text search capabilities are immediately available. Never lose critical information again!
Sophisticated file analysis saves you time by simplifying forms setup. Data processing jobs are configured graphically, without the need for scripting or programming. The system helps the user evaluate how to setup the job by analyzing the file for them. The setup process guides the user through replacing or removing specified characters, identifying line and page breaks, and defining document parameters. Report Management then offers the ability to preview the output of even the largest reports by processing and presenting a much smaller, user-configurable sample. This pre-processing sample shows the automated index values and displays the fully formatted sample report prior to processing the whole job. No longer view spooled printer files as text only! Now you can see the information as it was meant to be displayed with columns and lines in appropriate locations. Featuring a powerfully simple forms overlay system. Report Management can even present the proper background form for any page of the report. It doesn't get any easier than this!
Processes multiple data types including ASCII and various EBCDIC print streams. With Report Management, complex COLD/ERM data from a huge range of mainframe and other central processing systems is now represented as it was meant to be seen, in easy-to-read report formats that are printable, email-able, and even searchable. No more climbing through stacks of fan-folded computer paper; no more archiving historical data to rolls of microfilm. Report Management places a huge volume of information at your fingertips!
Leverage all of the functionality of PaperVision Enterprise. Once the data has been processed, it is indexed and stored in the PaperVision Enterprise document and content management system. Data is available for instantaneous retrieval via powerful searching capabilities, and users can view, print, fax, export and email these reports anywhere in the world. The system also allows organizations to distribute printed reports and documents through the PaperVision Enterprise system without the need to print and scan the source document. Processed reports can also be routed through business processes with the powerful PaperVision WorkFlow component. Best of all, Report Management inherits all of the security, scalability, reliability and interoperability of PaperVision Enterprise to guarantee the integrity and availability of the data.
Sensible file compression maximizes storage space without compromising speed. Using a non-proprietary, industry standard method of compression, the data is reduced by approximately one-third its original size providing a delicate balance between storage maximization and processing time. In addition, intelligent retrieval does not require that the entire file be decompressed before it is accessible; each component is decompressed as it is displayed.
- Direct integration with PaperVision® Enterprise eliminates the headaches of implementing a multi-vendor solution
- Elegant graphical user interface simplifies job setup via point and click techniques with no coding or scripting required
- Execution testing displays resulting output, complete with document index values and form overlays, before actual processing begins
- Powerful service automation engine allows processing to be performed anytime and can be assigned to multiple servers and workstations without increasing the licensing cost
- Graphical manipulation of form overlays dramatically simplifies placement and display of final output
- Automated imports ensure immediate data availability
- Robust search and extraction capabilities support fixed or floating anchors within a page/document
- Easy access to job run status for quick verification of successful operations
- Process multiple report formats into one centralized search project
- Various EBCDIC translations including CP037 US/Canada 3270 Superset, CP500 International Latin 1, Base 3270 ASCII Subset
- Optional file compression improves storage capacity using non-proprietary compression technology
- Easy-to-read, comprehensive user manual includes step-by-step instructions to get you started quickly
- As with all Digitech products, initial annual support and maintenance are included, lowering your cost of ownership
- All upgrades are included with annual maintenance, ensuring access to the latest product features and benefits
- Toll free, legendary technical support is eager to assist with any questions you may have
- Powerful file analysis tool recommends translation type (ASCII or EBCDIC), line and page delimiting methods and displays occurrences of specific characters showing both ASCII decimal and hexadecimal values
- Extensive optional use of regular expressions for matching textual patterns to search strings
- Full support for ASA/ANSI with channel commands, including both static and custom channel commands
- Full support for AS/400 spool file commands interprets standard control codes that appear in AS/400 spool files
- Process locking ensures that report processing is assigned to the proper servers and workstations in high-demand applications
- Flexible configurations for line, page and document breaks dramatically simplify disparate job setups
- Strong textual validation techniques, with optional use of regular expressions, ensure accurate data extraction
- Character replacement replaces or removes any unwanted characters from the raw input block at the line or page level prior to processing
- Detailed error logs track all errors into comprehensive reports available to administrators for review and changes
- System logs track errors while engine continues processing subsequent jobs
- Forms overlay allows presentation of processed text as an original document for printing or emailing featuring the ability to present the proper overlay depending on page number or content on the page itself
- Easily transport Report Management job setups via XML exports and imports, including forms overlays to share setups from one PaperVision Enterprise system to another
SYSTEM COMPONENT REQUIREMENTS
Microsoft® Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP or Windows NT® 4.0 (SP3) or higher
9MB available disk space for installation of program files
VGA or higher resolution monitor