Document Management Solutions, Inc. is the largest National Federal Reseller for 2007 of the award-winning Digitech Software products.
Do you need Electronic Document Management?
Yes. Absolutely. It's simple. Every organization, no matter what size, can benefit in REAL DOLLARS from some level of Electronic Document Management (EDM).
DMS receives highest rating from GSA: Excellent
From entry level to enterprise, there is an appropriate level of EDM for you, proven to pay for itself many times over:
- Increase productivity
- According to a Coopers & Lybrand study, of all the documents handled daily in an office, 90% are merely shuffled.
- Decrease storage costs
- Eliminate the need for most of your filing cabinets and stop wasting costly square footage. A single DVD can hold 100,000 pages
- Eliminate document loss or destruction
- No more lost papers. No more wasted hours of staff time searching for documents.
- Secure your data (HIPPA, FDA, IRS, etc.)
- Track the location and version of every document, who accessed it, and why.
- Instantly respond to customer requests
- Instant retrieval of documents gives you an incredible competitive advantage. Prompt, accurate answers show you care about your customers.
View our Illustration of Costs!
How does it work? What do I need?
*As we explain the software, from entry level up through enterprise, please click on any software title for a full explanation of that package.
Viewing your Documents
- The first level of EDM starts with a basic package to organize and view images. Software to scan and store your documents is not a requirement for entry level, because your archived and ongoing documents can be stored electronically for you by a Service Bureau. The image management software for this level is PaperVision Xpress. This powerful software gives you all the benefits listed above of electronically managing and retrieving your paper documents.
- The next level up is to move beyond just images, and manage ALL of your documents through one package. PaperVision Enterprise is truly "Any Document, Anywhere, Anytime." This package allows you to manage all your images, spreadsheets, word docs, pdf files, anything - all from your desktop and/or the web. It also has enhanced security auditing for the administrator to monitor what documents were accessed by whom, when, and why.
- The final level available in this category is ImageSilo, which gives you all the power of PaperVision Enterprise without having to purchase the software, organized instead into an online monthly service.
- Those three levels of service cover the main options for managing your documents, but one common add-on to Papervision Enterprise that is worth mention is PaperVision Enterprise Directory, which is an engine that continuously monitors your network for document types that it recognizes and automatically adds them to Papervision.
Storing Your Documents
If your organization produces more than 100 paper documents per day, it's time to look beyond the service bureau for converting your ongoing documents into electronic format. It becomes more cost effective to purchase a scanner and software to do this in-house.
In explaining the three versions of PaperFlow available to scan your documents, it is easiest to understand if we explain them in reverse order, starting with the high-end, and going down to the less expensive version.
All three versions have powerful scan, display, index, match & merge, and automation manager features available. PaperFlow Pro also includes three main features:
- Zone OCR (i.e. grabbing a social security number from an area of a form during the scan and converting it to a text field).
- Barcode OCR (the ability to index your files using barcode pages between files)
- Export (to convert your scanned images into a format for any imaging viewer other than PaperVision).
This software is more expensive than the standard PaperFlow software, but it is actually very rare that a company would need all three of the features listed above. This, PaperFlow allows you to pick any two of the three features. And finally, PaperFlow Lite only includes the Export feature from that list, but is much less expensive.
An add-on software in this category that has high value for certain industries is OCRFlow, which converts PaperFlow Data Groups to "full text" (requires PaperVision Enterprise for search and retrieval). This allows full search capabilities (i.e. - used extensively for law firm documents) or conversion to Word, PDF, Excel, ASCII, etc.
- Extended OCR gives you 7 additional OCR engines to provide recognition of items such as MICR, Dot Matrix 9 and 24 pin, Optical Mark Recognition, Numerical ICR, Handprint ICR, Braille, Dot-Digit and Dash-Digit formats.
- DataFlow is COLD (Computer Output to Laser Disc) processing to convert ASCII Text File print streams for full text retrieval in PaperVision. (requires PaperVision)
- WorkFlow is an add-on engine for PaperVision Enterprise to create workflow processes (an interactive Flow Chart) to automatically send documents to the right people for approval, them based on their decisions sends the document on to the next step. Has an easy to use graphical interface to build these scripts.